Procurement of equipment, materials, and services required for project implementation
The project required equipment and services are procured in order to further implement the other activities aiming at developing the decision-making support instrument for the management of the persistent organic pollutants.
"Lucian Blaga" University's staff members training in POP testing methodology for animal tissue
The staff of the "Lucian Blaga" University and of the Norwegian University for Life Sciences will establish common testing procedures and class support materials for the training. A study visit will be made by the "Lucian Blaga" University lab personnel to the Norwegian partner's laboratory in order to be trained in using the POP testing equipment and methods for animal tissue.
Creation of the support instrument for decision making in POP management
A screening type sampling campaign will take place, data analysis and interpretation procedures will be drafted and implemented in order to analyze the collected samples and an adequate data base format will be designed in order to allow the computer modelling of the POP concentration in water, sediment and animal tissue and the relationship between them as well as the relationship between pollutant emissions and POP concentration in the environment. The data base will be populated with the results of the performed tests.
Studies, methodologies, mathematical models and POP presence map in the aquatic ecosystems of the Mureș River catchment area
The following materials will be edited and published: 1 study on the impact of persistent organic pollutants on aquatic ecosystems and human health, 1 methodological guideline for POP pollution monitoring and management, computer models correlating the emission standards and the environmental standards for the POPs identified in the area and a GIS map of the presence in the surface aquatic ecosystems of the Mureş catchment area by persistent organic pollutants.
Results and activity promotion, information, communication and dissemination
Under this chapter the promotion, information, communication and dissemination of project activities and results will be performed as follows:
- 1 project kick-off conference and 1 project closing conference
- Project promotion materials will be designed and distributed (banners, temporary and permanent project signaling plate, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Project promotion campaign will include local TV spots, social media promotion on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, printings distribution
- 1 project progress information seminar will be organized with the interested stakeholders (Environmental Protection Agencies, Water Management Agencies, County Councils, Regional Development and Agricultural County Directions, Sanitary, Veterinary and Food Safety Agencies, environmental NGOs)
- 4 workshops will be addressing local situations with the participation of interested stakeholders (Environmental Protection Agencies, Water Management Agencies, County Councils, Regional Development and Agricultural County Directions, Sanitary, Veterinary and Food Safety Agencies, environmental NGOs)
- 1 good practice guideline will be edited
- The project website will be created and populated